My name is Drew.
I’m a front-end craftsman focused on making software that matters and creating tools that empower users.
Let’s build something together.
I’ve worn many hats in my 15+ years as a software developer and consultant, but I strive to embody the “t-shaped” developer. While my knowledge and experience cover a wide-range of topics, I consider myself a specialist in several areas:
- Front-end architecture
- Design systems/component libraries
- Team leadership and transformation
- Agile development
- Rapid prototyping
Tools I Use
Here are some tools I’ve been using recently:
And here are some others that aren't glamorous enough to merit an icon:
- New York, New York
- - Present
- Lead development of hybrid mobile app using CapacitorJS, replacing legacy mobile apps and saving over $2MM in estimated engineering costs
- Pioneered new methodologies for effective end-to-end testing of complex customer workflows, leveraging Playwright to reduce time to deploy new tests
- New York, New York
- Managed multiple teams and projects, successfully stewarding company-wide engineering initiatives and collaborating with Product and Design cross-functionals to deliver new ordering features to end-users
- Played active role in adoption of Agile at Olo, creating training materials and promoting organization-wide improvements by example
- Addison, Texas
Director of Technology
- Lead development efforts on over $5MM of development work, delivering successful, on time outcomes for multiple clients
- Developed standardized role definitions and a performance evaluation tool to align internal stakeholders to well-defined career paths
- Created new tool for estimating work to ensure accurate planning and messaging during the sales and delivery processes
- Coordinated staffing of developers and architects across all projects and clients, with a focus on proactively combating "burn out"
- Capital One
- Plano, Texas
Manager, Design Technology
- Spearheaded information architecture and UI component library creation for the expansion of dealer platform handling over $500MM in loan originations
- Trained team of backend developers in modern front-end practices with Angular 4, Redux and Sass during full re-architecture of foundational sales tool
- Constructed high-fidelity prototypes of new dealer tools to validate functionality enhancements with actual users, reducing cost and time to market for new features
- Championed Agile methodologies to foster collaboration and transparency between design, development and product teams
- Addison, Texas
- Architected design system for multi-billion dollar enterprise client, providing a roadmap for user interface unification across a diverse product suite
- Collaborated with business development team to build new client relationships and estimate scopes of work, helping to successfully secure many new projects
- Evaluated potential team members' cultural fit, technical proficiency and consulting skills to grow development team
- Effectively managed team of developers across multiple projects, with a focus on growth of consulting and technical skills
- Drewloomer.com LLC
- Bloomington, Indiana
Freelance Front-End Architect
- Successfully positioned development capabilities and industry expertise to seek and win new business opportunities and secure long-term retainer contracts
- Developed mobile-first web quiz for the Australian national government to promote national organ and tissue donation initiative
- Partnered with the University of Michigan Health System to develop interactive Facebook applications, increasing visibility of online community
- Hook Studios
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
Senior Web Developer
- Constructed award-winning applications in partnership with Google Creative Lab to generate interest in and drive trial of the Chromecast source development kit
- Developed branded online experience to publish pre-scheduled content in support of Oreo's "Cookie vs. Creme" Super Bowl campaign, increasing impact of ad buy
- Integrated real-time fundraising with branded materials for Toyota's "Tundra Endeavour" campaign, generating over $400,000 in gifts to the California Science Center
- Conceptualized and developed cutting edge mobile advertising experiences for Target's "Summer Up" campaign to differentiate brand from competitive retailers
- Evangelized next-generation development practices using tools like gulp.js, Browserify, Ember and npm to improve internal efficiency and collaboration
- Perich Advertising + Design
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
Lead Web Developer
- Managed web development team's production of concurrent client website builds and advertisement deployments to effectively address tight timelines and budgets
- Advised clients and internal creative team on digital best practices to better conceptualize promotions, campaigns and digital materials
- Developed social media application for regional bank client, resulting in record growth earnings, national press coverage and over 500% increase in Facebook following
- Restructured and maintained internal servers, development environments and procedures to improve asset security and reduce agency downtime
Brands I’ve worked with
I consider the ability to rapidly assimilate industry context one of my greatest strengths. From healthcare to banking, airlines to consumer goods, I’ve plied my craft for a variety of companies.
Here are just a few:
I’m a hands-on front-end architect who sees both the big picture and fine details. I love exploring new technologies and know how to balance them with battle-tested alternatives. I pride myself on solving the business problems of today without sacrificing the scalability tomorrow may need.
I’ve lead teams of designers and developers in delivering over $15MM in complex software. I work closely with product owners and UX designers to translate business requirements into clear development tasks. I leverage my SCRUM certification and practical Agile knowledge to keep projects focused on solving real user problems, realizing designs as code and minimizing technical debt.
I’m a remote worker, beard wearer, record collector and dad.
©2022 Drewloomer.com LLC